Upgrading your Plan
It couldn't be easier to upgrade your Plan.
- Log into the admin panel.
- Select the plan you want.
- Select Upgrade.
The preferred payment method on your account will be billed.
Do I get a refund for the usage in the current billing month?
You will receive a refund for the unused time remaining in the current month and start a new subscription for the full price of the new plan, starting from the current date.
CrowdHandler plans are always billed in full-month blocks, they are not billed pro-rata. However, you will not be charged twice for changing plans within your billing period.
Your invoice will show your new plan and amount paid.
Your receipt will show the new plan, the refund for the old plan, and the balance paid.
Invoices and receipts can be downloaded from https://admin.crowdhandler.com/account/#billing
Downgrading uses the same method. Select the Plan you wish to downgrade to. When downgrading, you will remain on your current Plan until the end of the billing period, but on your monthly renewal date your Plan will be downgraded, and you will pay the new, lower rate for the following month.
What happens to my content and settings when I downgrade?
When your Plan is downgraded on the renewal date, CrowdHandler will look at what you have and what your new Plan allows, and make its best judgements on how to fit your content to the new Plan. To avoid disappointment we strongly recommend that you take care to change the settings on your account to fit your new limits with no surprises.
As a guide, here is how CrowdHandler will adjust your account settings if you are still exceeding limits when you downgrade:
- If the number of domains exceeds your new limit, CrowdHandler will retain the domains with the most waiting rooms.
- If the number of Waiting Rooms exceeds your new limit, CrowdHandler will trim the rooms with the most recent activation dates
- If your Waiting Room capacities exceed the capacity allowed by your Plan, they will be reduced proportionally to make best use of your overall capacity.
- If your Ingress Rates exceed the maximums allowed by your new Plan, they will be capped at the new limit.
- If you have Priority Groups and your new Plan does not support them, then Priority Groups will be removed. They will not be restored if you subsequently upgrade your Plan again.
- If you have registered IPs in the firewall and your new Plan does not support them, they will be removed. They will not be restored if you subsequently upgrade your Plan again.
- If you have custom templates and your new Plan does not support them, they will be detached from your Waiting Room and you will be unable to use them. If you subsequently upgrade your Plan, you will be able to reattach the Custom Templates to your Waiting Room.