- In the CrowdHandler control panel navigate to the room that you have configured to protect your product details page (PDP). *
* Not sure how to configure a room? Check out our handy guide here.
- Here is an example of a room I have set up to protect a PDP on a demo Shopify site.
- To kick off inventory syncing & enable anti-cheat protection for this room we are going to first modify the waiting room slug to create a map between CrowdHandler and your Shopify Product ID/Variant.
- We can create that map in two different ways.
- By Shopify product ID.
- By Shopify variant ID.
- Syncing inventory by Shopify product ID sums the inventory quantity of every variant belonging to the associated product. A screenshot of my example product can be seen below.
- In the example screenshot for my product the weekdayer in lilac, we have identified the product ID and the expected Inventory count. This particular product has no variants so the total expected Inventory to be synced to CrowdHandler is 100. If there were multiple variants associated with this product (for example, different product sizes) the quantity of all product variants will be summed and synced to CrowdHandler.
- We can now change our room slug value to that of the product ID and toggle Show Stock Availability to begin syncing. Stock is updated automatically every minute.
- Stock availability will automatically be displayed in your waiting room. *
* Want to read more about stock availability?
- If instead of syncing inventory by product ID, you would like to sync the inventory for a specific product variant you can set the slug value as follows.
A guide to finding variant ID in Shopify can be found here.
Unlike Stock Syncing, Anti-Cheat does not differentiate between the two possible slug formats (Product ID or Product ID + Variant). It will protect your product page from queue skipping attempts, regardless of the format used, as long as a valid product ID is provided.
Disable and Enable Anti Cheat and Stock Syncing
You are able to independently enable and disable anti cheat and stock syncing for the Shopify integration.
Click the relevant buttons to disable and enable these features.
Anti cheat and stock syncing for Shopify are enabled by default.
When using Anti Cheat with the Shopify webhook you need to disable dynamic checkout buttons for your Shopify store.
Disable dynamic checkout buttons when using Anti cheat.
Using anti cheat requires users to add the item to the cart, rather than using Buy Now buttons so you will need to disable dynamic checkout buttons. A guide to this can be found in the Shopify documentation.